Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Identify the risk factors and complications linked to adolescent pregnancy.
- Identify the physiological changes in the pregnant female.
- Discuss oral health care with the pregnant patient.
- Understand informed consent as it relates to the pregnant adolescent patient.
- Learn the guidelines for minimizing the potential teratogenic effects of drugs and x-rays to the pregnant patient and during postpartum breastfeeding.
- Treat the pregnant patient safely and comfortably.