The owner(s) of a practice are best served by having already developed a clear practice mission and philosophy to communicate to the would-be associate. The owner(s) should also be thinking about both short and longer term plans, including facilities and strategic financial targets into the future. Having provided such a foundation makes for a clearer framework for hiring an associate.
Here are some suggestions for recruiting associates:
- Network with colleagues in dental education, particularly those from your alma mater.
- Post the opportunity through dental schools. This is often free or a nominal fee.
- Advertise through your state dental association newsletters/websites.
- Leverage newer web-based recruiting methods, such as Zip Recruiter which has the capability of advertising through social media.
- List your opening with brokers, such as ADS Transitions and other websites such as Nationwide Dental Opportunities (Schein’s on-line list of openings for dentists).
- Network with vendors, especially dental supplier representatives.