Aging, Systemic Disease and Oral Health: Implications for Women Worldwide (Part II)
COURSE NUMBER: 330
Maria Goldie, RDH, MS; Pam Hughes, RDH, MS
This course will focus on three common conditions women may potentially experience as they age: stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, and depression. It will discuss risk factors and research-based approaches to treatment protocols and prevention. ...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
This course will focus on three common conditions women may potentially experience as they age: stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, and depression. It will discuss risk factors and research-based approaches to treatment protocols and prevention. Oral health care treatment guidelines, and home care products specifically tailored to promote oral health, will be addressed.
This is Part 2 of a 2-part series on women, aging and oral health. Part I is available here.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assisting Students
Date Course Online:
Nov 21, 2008
Last Revision Date:
Jun 30, 2023
Course Expiration Date:
Jun 29, 2026
AGD Subject Code(s):
Stable internet connection and the latest version of browser and device software are recommended.
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Identify three women’s health concerns observed worldwide.
- Discuss prevalence, risk factors, common treatment and prevention strategies and oral connections for each disease.
- Outline home care strategies to help patients with these diseases improve oral hygiene.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.]
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886
AADH Approved Program Provider
Procter & Gamble is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHPGC (January 1, 2022-December 31, 2023). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.