The Detection and Management of Temporomandibular Disorders in Primary Dental Care
COURSE NUMBER: 395
Edward F. Wright, DDS, MS; Kimberly Hanson Huggins, RDH, BS
This course provides information about temporomandibular disorders (TMD), suggested patient symptom history questions, clinical examination criteria, common TMD treatments, and how to help patients self-manage their TMD pain and symptoms un...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
This course provides information about temporomandibular disorders (TMD), suggested patient symptom history questions, clinical examination criteria, common TMD treatments, and how to help patients self-manage their TMD pain and symptoms under the guidance of the dental professional.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students
Date Course Online:
Sep 7, 2012
Last Revision Date:
Aug 18, 2022
Course Expiration Date:
Aug 17, 2025
AGD Subject Code(s):
10, 200, 340
Stable internet connection and the latest version of browser and device software are recommended.
Upon the completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Assess patients for potential TMD risk factors.
- Conduct a brief clinical examination for TMD.
- Apply clinical examination findings to determine patient’s TMD diagnoses.
- List the most commonly used physical, medication, and behavioral treatment modalities for TMD.
- Implement a TMD treatment protocol, including TMD self-management strategies.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886
AADH Approved Program Provider
Procter & Gamble is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHPGC (January 1, 2022-December 31, 2023). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.