Bruxism: The Grind of the Matter
COURSE NUMBER: 485
Lara James, RDH
The purpose of this course is to provide information for the dental healthcare team on the common causes, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of bruxism. Early treatment can help prevent acute pain and, in severe cases, chronic pain, perio...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
The purpose of this course is to provide information for the dental healthcare team on the common causes, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of bruxism. Early treatment can help prevent acute pain and, in severe cases, chronic pain, periodontal involvement and possible tooth loss.2 Educating the patient on bruxism and the importance of maintaining a healthy oral environment will also be covered.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assisting Students, Office Managers
Date Course Online:
Aug 9, 2016
Last Revision Date:
Feb 10, 2023
Course Expiration Date:
Feb 9, 2026
AGD Subject Code(s):
Stable internet connection and the latest version of browser and device software are recommended.
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Assess the oral cavity for signs of bruxism and identify effects on the hard and soft tissues.
- Determine and evaluate signs and symptoms of bruxism through interviewing the patient and visual assessment.
- Discuss the various treatment options available for treating bruxism.
- Educate patients on grinding habits and treatment to help prevent and/or stabilize the oral cavity.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886
AADH Approved Program Provider
Procter & Gamble is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHPGC (January 1, 2024-December 31, 2025). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.