The Synergistic Interplay Between Dental Sleep Medicine and General Dentistry, Should Your Practice be Concerned? Why?
COURSE NUMBER: 621
Gene Santucci, DDS, MA
As dentistry expands its vision of care to encompass the total patient, sleep is definitely in the crosshairs. This course will bring to light not only the need to evaluate your patients for disturbed sleep patterns but offer the basic inf...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
As dentistry expands its vision of care to encompass the total patient, sleep is definitely in the crosshairs. This course will bring to light not only the need to evaluate your patients for disturbed sleep patterns but offer the basic information to add to your existing evaluation process for all patients of record.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assisting Students
Date Course Online:
Nov 11, 2020
Last Revision Date:
Course Expiration Date:
Nov 10, 2023
AGD Subject Code(s):
Stable internet connection and the latest version of browser and device software are recommended.
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Detect the children and adults in your practice that suffer from disturbed sleep.
- Explore the effect on total body health as a result of the various comorbidities resulting from disturbed sleep and how it may affect your general dentistry.
- Understand why a child experiencing ADHD symptoms just may be the result of disturbed sleep.
- Explore the recent ADA resolution regarding your office's role regarding the detection, referral or treatment regarding this new paradigm of total patient care.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886
AADH Approved Program Provider
Procter & Gamble is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHPGC (January 1, 2022-December 31, 2023). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.