Alveolar Ridge Preservation and Augmentation for Optimal Implant Placement
COURSE NUMBER: 626
Lavanya Rajendran, DMD; Sejal Thacker, DDS, MDSc
This course outlines needs and modes of bone preservation and augmentation to facilitate optimum 3-dimensional implant placement. The authors will walk you through the process of bone remodeling following extraction, alveolar ridge preserva...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
This course outlines needs and modes of bone preservation and augmentation to facilitate optimum 3-dimensional implant placement. The authors will walk you through the process of bone remodeling following extraction, alveolar ridge preservation, types of ridge deficiencies, alveolar ridge augmentation techniques, complications, prognosis and maintenance of augmented sites.
Dentists, Dental Students
Date Course Online:
Apr 19, 2021
Last Revision Date:
Course Expiration Date:
Apr 18, 2024
AGD Subject Code(s):
690, 310, 490
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand in brief the biology behind bone remodeling and resorption.
- Identify and classify bone defects in edentulous sites.
- Describe the eligibility for bone grafting and select the appropriate modality of treatment for the same.
- Explain the steps involved in executing bone augmentation procedures.
- Discuss the risks and complications of bone augmentation.
- Explain the long-term prognosis of procedures described.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
ADA CERP Recognized Provider
The Procter & Gamble Company is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a dental CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at CCEPR.ADA.org.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886
AADH Approved Program Provider
Procter & Gamble is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHPGC (January 1, 2022-December 31, 2023). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.