Staffing: Seven Steps to Build a Superior Team
COURSE NUMBER: 700
Roger P. Levin, DDS
Staffing and teambuilding have always been a challenge in dentistry, as they are in most other businesses. Staffing and teambuilding are not as simple as just hiring the right people. There are seven steps required to build and maintain a s...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
Staffing and teambuilding have always been a challenge in dentistry, as they are in most other businesses. Staffing and teambuilding are not as simple as just hiring the right people. There are seven steps required to build and maintain a superior practice team – recruiting, interviewing, hiring, compensation, training, retaining and avoiding burnout. By following the guidelines contained in this course, the practice can build a superior team with high longevity, creating an environment where everyone enjoys coming to work and derives high levels of satisfaction.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assisting Students, Office Managers
Date Course Online:
Aug 3, 2023
Last Revision Date:
Course Expiration Date:
Aug 2, 2026
AGD Subject Code(s):
Stable internet connection and the latest version of browser and device software are recommended.
Upon the completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand the changing mindset of dental team members today regarding employment and the factors that contribute to elevated levels of job satisfaction.
- Learn the seven steps of building a superior team that will allow any practice to help the team experience continual growth and go to the next level.
- Comprehend the strategies relative to recruiting, interviewing, and hiring team members that will help overcome the staff shortage and ensure that each new addition to the dental team is the right fit for the practice.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886
AADH Approved Program Provider
Procter & Gamble is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHPGC (January 1, 2022-December 31, 2023). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.