Patient is a 35-year old White Caucasian male.
"My gums are sore and bleed when I brush."
He had a prophylaxis two years ago and has not returned for dental care since.
Medical History: The patient reports a history of sinus infections and occasionally seeks medical care. He is currently taking (Sulfamethoxazole) Septra® and reports he is in good health.
- The patient presents with a thrombosed varix on his lower lip.
- Varix measures 5mm x 5mm round, raised with smooth edges, purple/blue in color and the patient reports no pain.
- Patient reports TMJ discomfort and bilateral clicking sounds occur upon opening and closing.
- Patient uses a power toothbrush once daily.
- Patient does not floss daily.