Patient is a 21-year old White Caucasian female who is overdue for her 6-month prophylactic appointment.
"My mouth really hurts and I have a bad taste."
The patient was seen regularly by her dentist until this past year.
The patient reports a recent illness from mononucleosis and suffers with frequent panic attacks and experiences insomnia. She currently takes (Alprazolam) Xanax®, (Eszopiclone) Lunesta®, (Norgestimate/ethinyl estradiol) Ortho Tri-Cyclen®. Vital signs recorded: Blood Pressure: 108/68; Pulse: 90 BPM; Temperature: 100.7°F; Respiration: 18 Breaths/minute.
- She demonstrates bilateral, palpable, tender cervical and submandibular lymph nodes, fetid breath and reports her mouth to be unusually dry.
- Patient desires information about a mouthrinse that does not burn.
- She smokes a ½ pack of cigarettes daily.
- Patient brushes twice daily with a soft manual brush.
- Patient does not floss because it is too painful.
Maxillary and mandibular marginal erythema and edema; necrosis of anterior papilla,especially mandibular; bleeds easily upon light pressure.
100% for the first 16 sites probed.
Plaque Free Score:
The patient is a social drinker and has a diet consisting of carbonated drinks, chips, crackers and chocolate.