Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss various statistics relating to sports dental-related injuries.
- Discuss soft tissue injuries, jaw fractures, TMJ injuries, tooth intrusion, crown and root fractures, and avulsion due to sports accidents.
- Explain emergency treatment with sports-related injuries.
- Differentiate various observed patterns of mouthguard wearing by males and females, cultural differences, and the influence of peer pressure.
- Identify and differentiate the three mouth-guards available and identify the ideal mouthguard.