Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Define local anesthesia and the properties of local anesthetic agents.
- Calculate appropriate child weight dosages of topical and injectable local anesthetic agents.
- List contraindications for local anesthesia.
- Discuss drug-to-drug interactions.
- Explain medical considerations in administering local anesthetic agents.
- List armamentarium for local anesthesia administration.
- Describe preparation of the pediatric patient prior to injection.
- Describe techniques for block, infiltration, palatal, and intraligamentary anesthesia.
- Manage local anesthesia complications.