Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss the manifestations and epidemiology of diabetes mellitus.
- Summarize diabetic control and its measures.
- Identify periodontal risk factors and indicators.
- List the goals of periodontal therapy.
- Explain the potential consequences of uncontrolled diabetes mellitus on periodontal disease.
- Explain the potential consequences of uncontrolled periodontal disease on diabetes mellitus.
- Discuss the effects of diabetes to the response to periodontal therapies.