Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Trace the history of methamphetamine (meth) development and use.
- List characteristics of a ‘typical’ meth user.
- Summarize the indications of meth use.
- Recognize oral manifestations resulting from the use of meth.
- Employ management skills to safely treat a meth abuser.
- Suggest modalities available for treatment of meth abuse.
- Recall that toxic ingredients and byproducts of meth production have environmental impact and legal implications.
- Select appropriate resources for patient education.