Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- State eight objectives of the intraoral and head and neck examinations.
- List the sequence of performing a total oral cancer examination.
- List prime areas for the development of oral cancer.
- Describe four adjunct tests or devices and procedures that may be performed in conjunction with the oral cancer examination.
- Discuss reasons for using an adjunct device when performing an oral cancer examination.
- List five descriptors important for accurately documenting oral lesions.
- List four risk factors for the development of oral cancer.
- Define the term “professional delay.”
- Identify and define the three general classification categories most examination findings can be placed into.