Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- List the types, signs, symptoms, and warning signs of physical and sexual IPV, and EM.
- Better understand the dentists’ obligations to identify and report IPV and EM.
- Describe the incidence and etiology of both conditions.
- Describe the physical and behavioral characteristics of the victims.
- Identify the various signs and symptoms of both conditions.
- Understand intervention techniques.
- Explain measures that dentists can take to prevent further instances of the condition.
- Grasp the magnitude of these problems and how they affect not only the victims but society as a whole.