Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Appreciate the impact of a growth elderly edentulous population on the day-to-day practice of dentistry.
- Understand objectives of complete denture therapy for patients affected by progressive resorption of edentulous ridges.
- Better understand expected changes in edentulous soft and hard tissues over time.
- Appreciate the complex biophysical processes involved in complete denture retention and stability.
- Gain basic comprehension of improved complete denture retention and stability associated with the proper use of denture adhesives.
- Understand appropriate methods for conservatively applying adhesive and placing complete dentures to achieve optimal adhesive performance.
- Comprehend recommended methods for cleaning adhesive from complete denture upon removal from the mouth.
- Comprehend appropriate methods for accomplishing personal oral hygiene following removal of adhesive assisted complete dentures.