Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss the difference in how tooth enamel and dentin structure are affected by demineralization.
- Explain the role of bacterial acid production in demineralization.
- Understand the relationship between critical pH and demineralization.
- Identify five zones of carious dentin in the advanced lesion.
- Describe how demineralization affects young children, the elderly, and other special populations.
- Be familiar with the factors that promote remineralization.