Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Be familiar with the history of fluoride in caries control.
- Discuss how fluoride is processed by the body.
- Describe how fluoride concentration varies in different parts of the tooth.
- Identify the multiple ways in which fluoride provides protection from caries.
- Explain the dental health consequences of too much fluoride exposure.
- Discuss the primary methods of systemic and topical fluoride delivery.
- Understand when professional forms of fluoride delivery may be necessary.