Upon the completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Define risk, risk factor, and risk assessment.
- Identify biological, environmental, sociocultural, and economic factors that increase caries risk.
- Evaluate clues from a patient's medical and dental history to assess caries risk.
- Implement a risk-assessment protocol.
- Conduct a risk-assessment survey.
- Choose individualized intervention strategies based on a risk-assessment survey.
- Understand the additional specialized needs of certain populations, like the elderly or those with dry mouth.
- Describe the Caries Management by Risk Assessment (CAMBRA) system.