Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Identify the structures and functions of the respiratory system.
- Identify the cellular structure of the respiratory system.
- Name common asthma symptoms and disease presentation.
- Recognize how inflammation impacts the airways.
- Identify the features of diagnosing and controlling asthma.
- Understand diagnostic strategies and classifications.
- Become familiar with asthma treatment pharmacology.
- Understand implications of dental management for asthma.