Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Identify the names of various components involved in orthodontic treatment.
- Understand the challenges created in maintaining good oral health.
- Be familiar with products available specifically geared towards the orthodontic patient to improve oral hygiene.
- Know the early signs of disease to assist in preventing carious lesions and/or periodontal conditions.
- Recognize the detrimental effects of specific bacterial biofilm and how to control its effects.
- Appreciate the before, during, and after treatment norms of hard and soft tissues.
- Establish a home care regimen to improve orthodontic outcomes.