Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- State a definition of biofilm.
- Discuss the positive and negative aspects of biofilm formation in nature. Include examples of how biofilm provides benefits and harms.
- Compare and contrast the differing views of bacterial plaque at three points in time: 1880-1930; 1930-1960; and 1960 to current times.
- Compare and contrast the behavior of bacteria as grown on culture plates with their behavior in biofilms.
- Describe strategies used currently for control of oral biofilm.
- List the strategies that are under consideration for control of oral biofilms.