The dental stools (Figure 3) should:
- Provide a stable base with five casters.
- Have well-padded flat or contoured seats.
- Be easily adjustable.
- Provide a back and abdominal support that adjusts vertically and horizontally for the assistant.
- Provide a hands free height adjustment for the assistant’s stool.
- Provide vertical and horizontal adjustment with back support for the operator.
- Provide optional arm rests that do not interfere with movement but could provide rest position for the operator.