Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Identify the various types of equipment needed to practice true four‑handed dentistry.
- Identify the elements of an ergonomically comfortable work environment.
- Identify the criteria for selecting treatment room equipment for use in true four‑handed dentistry.
- Determine questions to be asked before purchasing patient dental chairs, operator and assistant’s stools, mobile cabinets, and dental unit delivery systems.
- Evaluate various equipment designs for the dental treatment room including transthorax delivery, rear delivery, split cabinet/unit delivery.
- Develop the knowledge to appropriately select equipment necessary for efficient four‑handed dental practice.