Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- State the sources that should be used to access the dental literature, including MEDLINE/PubMed, online databases, and dental libraries.
- Identify the sections of the research report that most scientific journals use.
- Describe the characteristics of an Abstract in a well-written research article.
- Define the main components of the Introduction section of a research report.
- List the items commonly described in the Methods and Materials section in research reports.
- Explain how the researcher should present the interpretation of the results in the Discussion section.
- Explain how the Summary and Conclusions section should relate to the hypothesis/research question and findings of the study.