Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand the origin and development of electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) or "e-cigarettes."
- Identify the components and mechanism of action of ENDS.
- Identify the chemical composition of the Nicotine Inhalant ("E-juice").
- Determine the current demographics of e-cigarette users.
- Recognize the dental professional's role in appropriate education and recommendations.
- Understand current safety and government regulations regarding ENDS.
- Identify the current knowledge about the effects of ENDS on oral health.