Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand the history of modern sedation in the dental office.
- List the different levels of the sedation continuum and their features.
- Recognize the ADA educational requirements for the various levels of sedation.
- List the different sedation techniques available to the trained dentist.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each of the sedation techniques.
- Discuss the indications and contraindications of the different sedation methods.
- Discuss the pre-sedation assessment of patient physical status.