Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Recognize causes of hypertension.
- Determine how to assess identifiable causes of hypertension.
- Explain the terms systolic, diastolic, and pulse pressures.
- Identify the various blood pressure categories.
- List factors that influence blood pressure.
- Explain the equipment needed to determine blood pressure.
- Demonstrate how to take blood pressure.
- Discuss follow-up recommendations for patient treatment.
- Explain lifestyle modification recommendations.