Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and general requirements of EPA’s Hazardous Waste Standard.
- Understand key terms associated with hazardous waste.
- Understand the process of hazardous waste determination.
- Discuss the principles related to listed hazardous waste.
- Discuss the principles related to characteristic hazardous waste.
- Discuss key elements of hazardous (and universal) waste management.
- Identify hazardous waste generated in the oral healthcare setting.
- Implement best management practices related to hazardous waste generated in oral healthcare settings.