Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand components of the healthy periodontium.
- Define periodontal health goals.
- Understand an overview of periodontal physiology and bone remodeling.
- Identify manifestations of diseased periodontium.
- Understand periodontal disease classification.
- Describe patterns of attachment loss and their prognostic and treatment implications.
- Evaluate choices of treatment strategies and how they meet periodontal health goals.