Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Describe the basic biology behind orthodontic tooth movement and how optimal forces improve tooth movement.
- Explain several ways in which orthodontic tooth movement might be accelerated.
- Discuss some of the benefits and limitations of treating orthodontic patients with aligner therapy.
- Describe two types of skeletal anchorage and how they may be used during orthodontic treatment.
- Discuss how technological advances are affecting the orthodontic field.