Drug overdose occurs when a person takes more than the medically recommended dose of a prescription or over-the-counter drug. Overdose may result when a young child or an adult with impaired mental abilities accidentally ingest a medication left within their reach. An adult, especially seniors or people taking multiple medications, can mistakenly ingest the incorrect medication or take the wrong dose of a medication. Some individuals may also be hyperreactive to a medication and even a therapeutic dose may be toxic.
Your session is about to expire. Do you want to continue logged in?
WARNING! You did not finish creating your certificate. Please click CONTINUE below to return to your previous page to complete the process. Failure to complete ALL the steps will result in a loss of this test score, and you will not receive credit for this course.