Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Review the selection criteria and the indications for panoramic imaging.
- Compare and contrast panoramic and intraoral imaging.
- Outline the advantages and limitations of panoramic radiography.
- Compare and contrast digital panoramic imaging to film-based panoramic radiography.
- Describe the concepts involved in panoramic image formation.
- Outline the procedures required for correct machine and patient preparation, patient positioning and panoramic unit operation.
- Become familiar with anatomic structures that are recorded on panoramic images.
- Identify and propose corrective action for common panoramic image errors.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and correct common errors via a self-assessment exercise.