The following papers were published recently by P&G researchers and external collaborators. Click the links to learn more.
An independent report by The Economist - Time to Take Gum Disease Seriously
Scientific American: A Scientific Approach to Cleaning Your Mouth
P&G has partnered with Scientific American and its Custom Media Division to explore the latest research connecting oral health and overall health. As part of the year-long partnership, Oral-B and Scientific American Custom Media are releasing a series of content, including educational resources from leading medical and dental researchers to help readers better understand the connections between oral health and whole body health. Articles cover topics such as:
- the role of plaque biofilm in the progression of periodontal disease and the benefits of prevention via regular oral hygiene
- the influence that microbial communities in the mouth have on our general health
- evidence connecting oral health to diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- how periodontal disease may trigger, and worsen, Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis and colon cancer
2-year randomized controlled trial shows periodontal health benefits of a regimen
Stannous-containing dentifrice reduces gingival bleeding and balances the oral microbiome
Papers promote benefits of ”Strong Teeth” pediatric oral health intervention
IADR Presentations on Oral-B iO with Gentle Care Brush Head and Stannous Fluoride + Citrate Dentifrice
P&G-sponsored research was the subject of 10 presentations at the 2021 Virtual IADR meeting. Two featured presentations include:
- A 12-week clinical trial showing significantly greater plaque and gingivitis reductions for Oral-B iO oscillating-rotating electric toothbrush with the Gentle Care brush head used in sensitive mode compared to a manual toothbrush. 92% of subjects in the Gentle Care group transitioned from having local or generalized gingivitis to periodontal health after 12 weeks compared with only 24% in the manual brush control group (p < 0.001)
- Research in undisturbed human biofilm showing active penetration and toxin neutralization efficacy were significantly greater with Crest Oral-B stannous fluoride + citrate dentifrice than with two in-market stannous fluoride dentifrices.
Continuing Education Opportunities
We highlight several global continuing education opportunities across the industry to enhance your knowledge and skills. In addition to the activities below, dentalcare.com offers a library of more than 150 FREE dental continuing education courses. Please check local guidelines to determine if credit hours are applicable.
Providing Oral Health Education during COVID-19: Current Practices and Recommendations
BSDHT Webinar on Dentistry in the Covid-19 Era
Greater gingival health benefits for Oral-B iO versus Sonicare DiamondClean
Oral-B Test Drive oscillating-rotating demonstration toothbrushes do not produce aerosols
International Federation of Dental Hygienists Global Oral Health Summit June 26, 2021
Interactive Modules on dentalcare.com