General Principles of Pharmacology
COURSE NUMBER: 580
Aviv Ouanounou, DDS; David Ojeda Diaz, DDS; Geza T. Terezhalmy, DDS, MA
This course presents an overview of general pharmacological principles. It discusses (1) the conceptual basis of drug action, (2) pharmacodynamic mechanisms, (3) pharmacokinetic processes, and (4) sets forth key points to consider in clinic...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
This course presents an overview of general pharmacological principles. It discusses (1) the conceptual basis of drug action, (2) pharmacodynamic mechanisms, (3) pharmacokinetic processes, and (4) sets forth key points to consider in clinical decision making related to pharmacotherapy and for a disciplined approach to prescription writing.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students
Date Course Online:
Apr 1, 2019
Last Revision Date:
Sep 23, 2022
Course Expiration Date:
Sep 22, 2025
AGD Subject Code(s):
Upon the completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand the conceptual basis of drug action.
- Understand pharmacodynamic mechanisms and discuss their effects on pharmacotherapy.
- Understand pharmacokinetic processes and discuss their effect on pharmacotherapy.
- Discuss key points for practice that underlie safe and effective pharmacotherapy, including an efficient and practical approach to prescription writing.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test. .
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
ADA CERP Recognized Provider
The Procter & Gamble Company is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a dental CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at:
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886
AADH Approved Program Provider
Procter & Gamble is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHPGC (January 1, 2022-December 31, 2023). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.