Improving Oral Health Literacy: Teaching Primary School Students through the Lessons in a Lunch Box Program
Course Number: 456
References / Additional References
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2010. 2nd ed. With Understanding and Improving Health and Objectives for Improving Health. 2 vols. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office. November 2000. Accessed April 20, 2021.
Institute of Medicine of the National Academies Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice. Oral Health Literacy: Workshop Summary (M. Hewitt, Comp.). Washington DC. National Academic Press. 2012,March;(1)2.
Baker DW, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Scott T, Parker RM, Green D, Ren J, Peel J. Functional health literacy and the risk of hospital admission among Medicare managed care enrollees. Am J Public Health. 2002 Aug;92(8):1278-83.
Butler M. Oral health literacy: How can we impact vulnerable populations? Paper presented at Oral Health Literacy Workshop, Washington, DC: March 29, 2012.
IOM (Institute of Medicine). Health literacy: A prescription to end confusion. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. 2004.
- It’s Dental Flossophy, Charlie Brown. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Tooth Brushing with Charlie Brown. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Dudley the Dinosaur – Brush Your Teeth, Smiles Dentistry for Kids. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Geena’s Tremendous Tooth Adventure. dentalcare.com. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Student Drs. Rory Smith, Carla Lopez and Purvi Patel. Texas A&M University, Baylor College of Dentistry. Lessons in a Lunch Box, Ben Milam Elementary kids treated to food for thought.
- Dental Care in a Carrot Case. The Children’s Oral Health Institute. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- The Children’s Oral Health Institute. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Code Red: The Oral Health Crisis In Your Classroom©. The Children’s Oral Health Institute. Accessed April 20, 2021.