The 4 working group categories previously identified in the course introduction became the foundation for the new classification. Table 1 below illustrates the more detailed components of the new classification.
|Periodontal Health, Gingivitis & Gingival Conditions||Periodontitis||Other Conditions Affecting the Periodontium||Peri-implant Disease & Conditions|
|1. Periodontal Health & Gingival Health
2. Gingivitis Biofilm Induced
3. Gingival Diseases Non-biofilm Induced
|1. Necrotizing Periodontal Diseases
2. Periodontitis as a Manifestation of Systemic Diseases
|1. Systemic diseases or conditions affecting periodontal supporting structures
2. Periodontal abscesses & endodontic-periodontal lesions
3. Mucogingival deformities & conditions
4. Traumatic occlusal forces
5. Tooth and prostheses-related factors
|1. Peri-implant Health
2. Peri-implant Mucositis
4. Peri-implant hard & soft tissue deficiencies
Your session is about to expire. Do you want to continue logged in?
WARNING! You did not finish creating your certificate. Please click CONTINUE below to return to your previous page to complete the process. Failure to complete ALL the steps will result in a loss of this test score, and you will not receive credit for this course.