References / Additional Resources
Rushton VE, Horner K, Worthington HV. Routine panoramic radiography of new adult patients in general dental practice: relevance of diagnostic yield to treatment and identification of radiographic selection criteria. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2002 Apr;93(4):488-95.
Rushton VE, Horner K, Worthington HV. Screening panoramic radiography of new adult patients: diagnostic yield when combined with bitewing radiography and identification of selection criteria. Br Dent J. 2002 Mar 9;192(5):275-9.
Rushton MN, Rushton VE. A study to determine the added value of 740 screening panoramic radiographs compared to intraoral radiography in the management of adult (>18 years) dentate patients in a primary care setting. J Dent. 2012 Aug;40(8):661-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jdent.2012.04.018. Epub 2012 Apr 27.
Martins MG, Haiter Neto F, Whaites EJ. Analysis of digital images acquired using different phosphor storage plates (PSPs) subjected to varying reading times and storage conditions. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2003 May;32(3):186-90. doi: 10.1259/dmfr/24355220.
Goren AD, Lundeen RC, Deahl ST 2nd, et al. Updated quality assurance self-assessment exercise in intraoral and panoramic radiography. American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Radiology Practice Committee. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2000 Mar;89(3):369-74.
Ludlow JB, Davies-Ludlow LE, White SC. Patient risk related to common dental radiographic examinations: the impact of 2007 International Commission on Radiological Protection recommendations regarding dose calculation. J Am Dent Assoc. 2008 Sep;139(9):1237-43.
Dhillon M, Raju SM, Verma S, et al. Positioning errors and quality assessment in panoramic radiography. Imaging Sci Dent. 2012 Dec;42(4):207-212. doi: 10.5624/isd.2012.42.4.207. Accessed May 24, 2019.
Subbulakshmi AC, Mohan N, Thiruneervannan R, et al. Positioning errors in digital panoramic radiographs: A study. Journal of Orofacial Sciences. 2016 May;8(1):22-26. doi: 10.4103/0975-8844.181922. Accessed May 24, 2019.
Rondon RHN, Pereira YCL, Crivelaro do Nascimento G. Common positioning errors in panoramic radiography: A review. Imaging Sci Dent. 2014 Mar;44(1):1-6. doi: 10.5624/isd.2014.44.1.1. Accessed May 24, 2019.
Abdul-Wahab H, Ferguson DJ, Abou-Kheir N. Assessment of panoral radiograph quality in a dental treatment center. APOS Trends Orthod 2016;6:85-94. doi: 10.4103/2321-1407.177960. Accessed May 24, 2019.
Asha V, Kavya Shankar M, Shalma H, et al. Positioning errors in digital panoramic radiographs-A retrospective analysis. International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas, and Innovation in Technology 2018;4(6):517-521. Accessed May 24, 2019.
At Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Mr. Thomas Meador, photographer, for preparation of some of the photographic illustrations.
- Mr. Mark Dirlam, graphic artist, for preparation of the graphic illustrations.
- Ms. Nicole Guerrettaz, administrative assistant, for serving as a model for some images used in this presentation.
- Mr. Terry Wilson, dental illustrations, for serving as a model for some photographic images used in this presentation.
At the University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Ms. Susan Grammer, Associate Professor in the Department of Periodontics, Endodontics and Dental Hygiene for providing numerous panoramic images used in this presentation demonstrating radiographic errors.
- Ms. Rebecca Miller, radiologic technologist assisting in developing photographic material and served as a model for images used in this presentation.
- Barbara Mercer, radiologic technologist assisting in developing photographic material.